Friday, March 27, 2009

spring break

Eva and I just got back from a trip to Nashville and Knoxville. We went to Nashville to visit Hatch Show Print, the oldest, still operating letterpress print shop in the country. They opened shop in 1879, and were the primary printer for the Grand Ole Opry shows.



I had to buy this poster:



I wanted to take this press back with me. So cool! I'd love to be able to print huge posters.



In Knoxville, we visited Yee Haw Industries, another letterpess print shop. They've been around for about 12 years.

3 comments:

levi said...

damn, that's badass kirk. i'm lovin' that orange Cash poster in the first pic.

Mike said...

that's rad! we played a show in nashville once that hatch did a print for. i was so stoked. i've never had a chance to make it to their place though. that's so cool.

kirk said...

wow. i'd love to see that print sometime.