Sunday, February 22, 2009

Building a Nation


So the highlight of my weekend consisted of me wrapping-up a big paper over how I teach small groups and running 4 miles to Less Talk More Rock. I have not listened to Propaghandi in a very long time. Years. I had fun reliving '97-'99.

I was stuck in a nostalgic mood since Thursday after Nate Dodd's funeral; and, listening to that album brought back TONS of memories while sweating out the pizza.

The funeral was very interesting. It was strange seeing familiar faces without names--seeing people that I have not seen since we carried on hours of conversation during the night hours, years and years ago. All the rent houses and apartments throughout Edmond and Oklahoma City flooded my memories as I sat through the funeral.

I felt a bit sad for not remembering the faces of the conversations that indirectly shaped my past. It WAS cool seeing Jason's mustache, Jay Manger (and his sister), and of course Justin Barnes.

So here I am typing in my office (the end of the couch), watching Darby construct a nation of his own imagination out of Duplo Blocks with Empire playing in the background while Elanna and Scout nap. I am thinking of you all. Have a relaxing Sunday, bros.

4 comments:

jamie tallerico said...

i love this.. i want to see darby's nation

Mike said...

i just listened to "less talk" the other day too. i was listening to their new record (which isn't as horrible as the last one, but still ain't great) and needed a reminder of the amazing days. its still so good.

levi said...

man, lots of emotions in that post.

kirk said...

looking forward to see some old friends in June!